By Jareka Dellenbaugh-Dempsey
Hey Everyone, I’m leaving my job soon, but that means you could have it!
10 Things That Are Good About Working For Robyn*
1. Flexible hours
2. Working on something that has meaning
3. Working for someone whom it is easy to respect
4. Free cashews & string cheese
5. Learning new organizational systems
6. Supporting someone who respects her assistant and values their work
7. Comfortable, casual working environment
8. Single-stall, gender-neutral bathrooms
9. Interacting with a diverse group of students and faculty/staff at colleges, universities and other organizations all over the place
10. Cats in the workplace (including Pixel)
Speaker, teacher, writer and LGBT and social justice activist seeks self-motivated, organized and innovative administrative assistant. Strong communications skills (writing, speaking on the phone, etc.) are essential, and you should be comfortable with social media and technology.
15-20 hrs/wk. Flexible hours. Requires working in Jamaica Plain, MA at least once a week.
• Prepare and proofread marketing mailings and routine correspondence
• Help manage email and prioritize inbox
• Communicate with host organizations through telephone and email
• Maintain speaking calendar and online databases
• Make travel arrangements and maintain itineraries
• Work with student groups, student life departments, and academic centers to coordinate logistics of Robyn’s speaking tours.
• Contract preparation
• Keep organizational systems running smoothly
• Research relevant resources and make contact with potential hosts
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organization
• Design experience, including website design and knowledge of relevant software
• Ability to explain Robyn’s work and activism
*According to me, her current assistant, in no particular order
Robyn, in her own words:
It’s true, I’m looking for a new assistant. If you are interested in applying for the job, please write to me email@example.com. Include your resume as well as a letter telling me why you’d be a great fit.
Please cross-post and signal boost this for me. Thanks!