In the Media
Articles and Interviews
- “Robyn Ochs— Being Out Is Activism,” Jennie Roberson, Bi.org, 3/24/2020.
- “An Interview with Robyn Ochs,” Elizabeth Zwart, LGBTQ Policy Journal, 3/11/2020.
- “Who’s the ‘Q’ in LGBTQ? Study shines light on ‘queer’ identities,” Tim Fitzsimons, NBC News, 1/23/20.
- “Bi-pan-queer people need the Equality Act’s protections” (Op-ed),” Washington Blade, 12/13/19.
- “Why Bisexual Women Are at a Higher Risk for Violence,” Teen Vogue 12/6/19.
- “Almost 30 percent of bisexual women, trans people live in poverty, report finds,” Tim Fitzsimons, NBC News, 10/29/19.
- “Bisexuality Has Always Challenged Norms—Even in the Queer World,” The Nation, 6/29/19.
- “Queer Imposter Syndrome Can Be Challenging, But Here’s How To Move Past It,” Anna Levinson, Bustle, 6/18/19.
- “Bisexual people have long felt excluded at Pride festivities. That’s finally changing.”
- “The Difference Between Bisexual & Pansexual Matters Less Than Solidarity Among LGBTQ Folks, Advocates Say,” Mika Doyle, Bustle, 2/18/19.
- “What Does It Mean To Be Heteroflexible?” Kasandra Brabaw, Refinery29, 5/8/18.
- “‘Bisexual’ Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means,” Kasandra Brabaw, Refinery29, 2/2/18.
- “11 amazing bisexual heroes everyone should know about” Bea Mitchell, Pink News, 12/5/17.
- “Jamaica Plain’s Robyn Ochs Recognized for Bisexual Advocacy,” , Jamaica Plain News, 5/24/17.
- “50 States, 50 Heroes,” The Advocate, 5/10/17.
- “13 Incredible Bisexual People You Need to Follow on Instagram,” Caitlin Jinks, Buzzfeed, 3/3/17.
- “Q&A: Bisexual Activist Robyn Ochs,” Zachary Zane, Huffington Post, 7/07/2016.
- “Faces of LGBT Pride,” The Obama White House, Medium, 6/26/16
- “Bi Women Are More Likely To Be Depressed Than Lesbian Or Straight Women, Study Finds,” , ThinkProgress. 5/15/16.
- “Bisexuality and Beyond,”
- “Robyn Ochs – Bisexual Activist and Icon,” Nicole Wiesenthal, South Florida Gay News, 9/17/15.
- “Same-Sex Marriage Not Enough: Refocusing the Fight for LGBT Equality,” The Rainbow Times, 8/6/15.
- “Worth a Look: Recognize: The Voices of Bisexual Men,” The Lit Chick, Options Magazine, 1/22/15.
- “B-Girl,” Loren King reviews RECOGNIZE: The Voices of Bisexual Men, Boston Spirit Magazine, Jan/Feb 2015.
- “A Review of Recognize: The Voices of Bisexual Men,” A.J. Walkley, Bi Magazine, 12/15/14.
- “Breaking down the myths about Male Bisexuality,” Steve Lee, LGBT Weekly, 12/11/14.
- “Bisexuals, Invisible Majority?” Central Voice, Nov/Dec 2014 [PDF].
- “Auburn’s LGBT community celebrates sexual expression on campus,” Derek Herskovici, The Auburn Plainsman, October 2014.
- “The spectrum of sexuality: Going beyond gay and straight,” Kyle Nazario, The Auburn Plainsman, October 2014.
- “When Bisexual People Get Left Out of Marriage,” Eliel Cruz, the Advocate, 8/25/14.
- “Beyond Binaries,” Caroline Zhang, The Harvard Crimson, 3/29/2013.
- “Without Wincing or Clenching: Bisexual People’s Experiences with Health Providers.” Bodies and Barriers: Queer Activists on Health,
- “Dancing with My Grandma: Talking with Robyn Ochs About Complex Identities and Simple Messages in the Marriage Equality Movement,” Bisexuality and Same-Sex Marriage, Laurie Kendall, (Ed. M. Paz Galupo). Routledge, 2008.
- “Bi Signs and Wonders: An Interview with Robyn Ochs,” Heidi Randen, Journal of Bisexuality, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2001, pp. 5-26.
- Bi Day Friday interview for DROP THE SUBJECT podcast, February 2019.
- “How We Got Here” interview on LGBTQ+ history with student Meghan Foley for her senior project. December 21, 2017
- Strange Fruit: “Bisexual Visibility in A Non-Binary World.” November, 2017.
- Talkzone, On The Edge: Embracing the Complexities of Sexual Orientation. November 30, 2017.
- Robyn Ochs is interviewed by Peterson Toscano and Zack Ford on Queerer and Queerer. Episode title “Bi and Bier.” Recorded in Pennsylvania on February 16, 2011.
- Here’s a lovely interview with “Mrs. Margie Pederson“, “a.k.a. “Mrs. P.” conducted in St. Paul, MN on April 10, 2010.
- John Selig Outspoken Episode 67 – Robyn Ochs (Part 1 of 2) – Bisexual Writer, Educator & Activist. December 2009 interview. Listen to the podcast.
- John Selig Outspoken Episode 68 – Robyn Ochs (Part 2 of 2) – Bisexual Writer, Educator & Activist. December 2009 interview. Listen to the podcast.
- This Show is So Gay: Robyn Ochs, Guest, May 6, 2009. Listen to the podcast.
In Other Languages
- Croatian: Biseksualci su rijetko prepoznati. Bi-gasovi: Interview s Robyn Ochs. Razgovarao: Igor Graovac. (Original text & English translation)
- Dutch: Robyn Ochs: Als Bi Begrijp ik Mezelf in Zij aan Zij, interview by Saskia Doorschodt, The Netherlands, jaargang 18/ nummer 8/2009, pp. 86-87 (English translation)
- Flemish: Bi-fobie & Binaire Breinen: Activiste Robyn Ochs, interview by Mieke Stessens, ZiZo: magazine voor holebi’s and transgenders, 17 de jrg. Nr. 99 (Nov. 2009), pp. 22-24 (English translation)
- Italian: Robyn Ochs: Robyn, First Lady dell’atttivismo Bi por Alex en Bisexworld.it (Junio 2002). (English translation)
- Spanish: Robyn Ochs: La bisexualidad y el espacio entre categorías binarias por John Townsend en Lavender Magazine (Junio 2008). Traducido por Myriam Brito.
- Spanish: La Bisexualidad en estudios sobre sexualidad, por Myriam Brito Dominguez Opción Bi, 1 March 2007.
- Spanish: Discriminación y Bifobia, por Myriam Brito Domínguez (in Spanish) in Opción Bi, 1 September 2006.
- Spanish: Las Fronteras Bisexuales, por José Antonio Hernández Reyes in Opción Bi 2 June 2006.
Looking for something that’s not here? Check out our Archives.