Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, and Ally Resources:
- BiYouth.org: Designed by Robyn Ochs and a number of youth volunteers, a resource for youth
- Bisexual Resource Center: Youth Resources
Children of GLBT Families
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network: Advocacy organization serving GLBTQ students and educators.
- GSA Network: A youth-led organziation that connects school-based GSAs with one another.
- “10 Tips for Starting a GSA” on the website of Teaching Tolerance
- National Day of Silence: The nation’s largest youth-led action for LGBTQ equity.
- Welcoming Schools Guide: an LGBT-inclusive approach to addressing family diversity, gender stereotyping and name-calling in K-5 learning environments.
- PFLAG’s Cultivating Respect Certification Program: Trains and certifies members to go directly into schools with community resources, training for the entire staff, model policy and creative programs that address bullying and harassment.
- GLBT National Help Center: Includes a GLBT national Youth Talkline.
- BAGLY (Boston Area Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning Youth)
- The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Youth Support Project: extensive listing of resources.
- The Trevor Project: A national organization that helps with crisis and suicide prevention efforts among GLBTQ youth.
- Resources for Questioning Youth: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual
Films and Documentaries
- It’s a Family
- It’s STILL Elementary
All three of these films are produced by Groundspark.
- Campus Pride: Resources for LGBT and ally college students. This organization also hosts Camp Pride, a LGBTQA leadership retreat for college students. It’s awesome, and I am on the faculty!
- TONI Project: For college students in the United States: Transgender On-Campus Non-Discrimination Information Project, an initiative of the National Center for Transgender Equality