Bi’s of Colour book, edited by Asha, Jacq and Nila
Are you a bisexual/pansexual/fluid person of colour?
Do you live, work or study anywhere in Europe?
If you answered YES, then read on!
We are making plans to write a book about the lives and experiences of bisexuals of colour in Europe. This is part of our long-term plan to have a document that reflects us. It will be built on the foundations of the Bi’s of Colour History Report. We plan to have the following chapter headings, but this is just a guide.
- Creativity and the Arts
- Visibility and Erasure of Bi’s of Colour – where we are welcome, and where we aren’t
- White Academics versus Activists of Colour
- Dominant culture gaze – hypersexual, fetishes, imperialism and colonialism
- Dating and Relationships
- Isolation, exclusion and loneliness
- Health – Sexual health, Mental health, Disabilities
- Bi’s of Colour and BAME organisations
- Bi’s of Colour and LGBT organisations
- Families, Carers, Acceptance and Rejection
- Religion, belief and spirituality or lack of
- Body image and fashion
We are open to other headings, so if you think of something you can’t wait to express, let us know. We are also interested in non-fiction, art, photography or things we haven’t thought of yet! You can always contribute using a pen name if you want to be anonymous.
All contributors will be paid – we’ll be crowdfunding, so everyone will get an equal share – the amount will depend on how much we raise and how many contributors
If you are interested in contributing, email us at email@example.com .
European bi people of color: THIS will be a valuable and much needed book! Please consider submitting your story.