Communications Internship for the Bi Women Quarterly
Posted on March 9, 2015
Leave a Comment
The Bi Women Quarterly, a grassroots publication, is undergoing a strategic overhaul. As the Communications Intern, your work would be focused on this project. This offers a unique opportunity for you to take ownership of an entire strategic process, with guidance from Robyn Ochs, the editor of this publication. Such an endeavor would be an excellent addition to any portfolio and provide you with project management experience not usually found in recent graduates.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a new layout and template for the 20-page publication in InDesign (we may be open to other platform suggestions)
- Designing an updated logo and/or masthead for the publication
- Giving recommendations for streamlining the editing and publication processes
- Generating and executing a strategic communications plan to increase brand recognition, circulation and audience for the publication
- Producing ads for print and web
- Creating a library of relevant graphic images for future use
- Upgrading our website to an indexed archive of articles to allow readers/researchers to search by author or theme
- Developing beneficial partnerships to further the reach of the publication
- Major in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress
- Knowledge of print/web advertising strategies and specifications
- Experience with research, outreach and partnership development
- Expertise in social media channels
- A sense of humor, thirst for knowledge, willingness to learn, appreciation of diversity, passion for human rights, and desire to make a difference
- Previous experience working on a publication is a plus
- Previous experience writing and implementing a strategic communications plan is a plus
Time Frame: We are looking for a total time commitment of 200 hours between May and August. A stipend of $2000 will be paid. You do not need to live in Boston to work on this project, though that would be a plus.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MARCH 31, 2015 and should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a cover letter, a resume, and samples of your work.